Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Good morning! Did you wake up feeling blessed today? I did; —- not for any special reason just a general feeling of being blessed that I had another day here on earth. You know, some days a person just needs to open their eyes in the morning  and before their feet hit the floor, stop and say “Good morning  God, thanks for giving me another day to do something for somebody, even if today it is only for myself.” You know, we sometimes forget that we need to take care of our self too.

It is a cloudy day and I think it is forecast to be this way most of the day. Mid fifties are to be the max temperature today. The sidewalk is recently wet from an obvious rain shower. My Google calendar tells me that I don’t have anything scheduled for today. Although my “Ms. Kate” calendar tells me that we’ll be going to “Fresh Market” today because it is “ground beef Tuesday”. Every Tuesday they have ground beef on sale and we generally try to get there and get some; generally just a pound or maybe two. Kate also has a list of other things that we need from the grocery although I think it is a relatively small list. I know we are out of potatoes and our milk “best sold by” date is today.

The leaves have finally turned in the neighborhood. As I look out my Sunporch windows, everything is just kind of orange. On a cloudy day like today it is actually a little eerie looking, like something you would see in a sci-fi movie. The backyard Buffet is quiet this morning. I’ve only had a few cardinals and a coupe of robins show up so far. One robin was eating out of the bird feeder again. This is the only place I have seen robins eat out of a bird feeder and they don’t do it very often. They are generally ground feeders. But, I guess they wanted a little variation in their diet. I mean, I guess worms are good, but one would not want them as their only staple.

With the exception of writing an article for our church paper I am caught up with my work through Christmas Eve. I have one more sermon to write for December and then three to write for January. That should complete my writing for my current church. Come February, the “easy days” are over and I’ll be back to writing a fresh sermon every week when I move to the new Parish. (Lord, I’m gonna need some help here.)

Yesterday Ms. Kate baked fourteen jars of pumpkin “bread-in-a-jar”. I opened one this morning for our breakfast and it is delicious. There are going to be some very lucky recipients of those jars come Christmas time. She also has made another dozen jars of apple bread in a jar. It is some fine eating.

Time for me to put a period on this page and call it done. I’m going to finish my coffee and then get on the bike to no-where and ride for a few miles. Then I need to shower and get ready to take Ms. Kate grocery shopping. So, you go out there and have a wonderful day. Share your smiles with people and make their day a bit better. God loves you and so do I. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment