Friday, November 29, 2019

A very happy Thanksgiving to you! It is a 35 degree morning and cloudy It is supposed to be cloudy most of the day and only get up to about 43. That is very typical weather for around here for Thanksgiving. The horrible winds have died down and moved on to the east coast where it will are for dangerous traveling conditions for a lot of people So, offer a prayer for safe travels for all of those folks either trying to get to families or perhaps trying to escape from families. LOL

Julie and Jim and the pupperonis came down late yesterday evening. It’s always good to have tem in the house. Us old people need a little chaos in our lives once in a while. With dogs wanting in and out constantly and conversations gong on, it is nice to settle in to a little noise once in awhile instead of the tomb-like nature of just Ms. Kate and I settling in our peace and quiet.

This morning we were up at 0630 so Ms. Kate could get the rolls ready to rise for a few hours and sh could prep the ham. We are having a fresh ham for lunch so it will be like a bone-in pork roast. It looks delicious. She cut a checkerboard pattern on the skin-cp and put garlic cloves, salt and pepper in it and now it will set and rest for awhile. When it is about done she plans to do a pineapple marmalade glaze on it; so it should really be delicious. Pork roast is one of my favorite meats / meals.  I don’t know what else she has planned but I suspect sweet potatoes, corn, broccoli, cranberry sauce, the rolls and then brownies for desert. It will be delicious no matter what she fixes. I just brought up a bottle of my “special wine”, a 1983 Spatelese that I brought back from Germany many years ago. Karen and I never got around to celebrating our 75th birthdays together this summer so I’ve saved  this wine for that occasion today. I really hope it is still good and has not turned to vinegar. That can happen sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment