Friday, November 8, 2019

There used to be a saying that “It is colder than a well digger’s butt”. I don’t know how cold a well digger’s butt gets however, it is 29 degrees outside with with a real feel of 20 degrees. But, from the inside of the sunporch, it looks beautiful because the sun is shining brightly. I’m watching the leaves fall from the neighbor’s maple trees. Thankfully there is very little breeze this morning so the leaves are falling fairly straight to the ground instead of over into my yard. I have enough leaves in my yard that need to be cleaned up.

I thought that today was going to be a sloppy clothes day but I have to go to Walgreens and pick up a prescription. So, while I’m out I might as well get a haircut too. Then I might as well take Ms. Kate with me and have lunch out. See how it just expands?? LOL. I’ve gotten in touch with my doctor because i have a huge lump on the back of my neck that I suspect is an out of control keloid that has grown exponentially in the last couple of weeks for some reason. Keloids are common and there is no real treatment or prevention. They generally come from scar tissue etc. But this one has just grown so quick and it hurts to touch and I haven’t had any scars there. Dr. Jackson had me send him a couple of pictures of it and then he prescribed some medicine. I suspect it will be steroid pills. Then next Friday I have to see him and he will decide if he needs to surgically remove it or not. This silly thing has gotten big enough that it bothers me to have my shirt collars touch it. So, hopefully the medicine will take care of it. I don’t want to have a sixth surgery this year. But, what will be — will be and I totally trust Dr. Jackson. If he says it needs to come out, it needs to come out.

As I look around the yard, I guess I’m going to have to throw a jacket on and fill the bird feeders again. The bark-butter paste feeders are empty. The woodpeckers are finishing up the last bits of that. The squirrels have emptied a couple of the sunflower seed feeders so I need to fill those too. My can is less than half full so I’ll need to be picking up at least one forty pound bag of sun flower seed. The electric bird feeder has been a hit this morning. The non-electric one is frozen over so they are coming to the heated one.

I had a strange dream last night. I basically “wrote a sermon” in my dream, (I guess I was dreaming. It went through my mind regardless of whether I was asleep or not.) It was a very powerful sermon, much more conservative than I usually give and certainly more conservative than what is preached in my denomination these days. It still is going through my mind today so I am going to put it to paper and hold on to it. I’m sure there is a reason it has come to me and a place for me to give it.

Okay, Walgreens called and said my prescription is ready so I need to go pick it up. Maybe I’ll just stay in my comfortable clothes and forget about the haircut etc. In the meantime - you have a most blessed day. Peace




No comments:

Post a Comment