Monday, November 11, 2019

It is forty seven outside right now. If that pleases you, ya' better get out there and enjoy it because that will be the high and the weather is going to hell in a handbasket quickly today. We are looking for rapidly dropping temperatures, rain, and then rain turn to a winter mix, followed by all snow. If the temperature gets above twenty degreees tomorrow, it will be surprising. Welcome to an early winter. I simply say --- YUK!!!!!

I'm at work this morning and will be continueing to work on a sermon that I started on the other night. Then, Pastor Art and I are going to met for lunch at the Lamasco Bar and Grill. Today is spaghetti day and I've told you how much I enjoy their spaghetti. I don't think Ms. Kate will be going with us today. She is home working on craft stuff for Christmas and Advent and still making Christmas cards. She has made Advent Calendar Boxes for each of the girls and we need to get those filled and in the mail so that they have them on the 1st of December. Besides, it is going to be getting cold and she doesn't want any part of that. LOL. 

Tonight we have a church council meeting. I hope it is snowing too hard. There won't be much of an accumulation by then but I don't like to drive in it. I'm getting old and only like to drive on bright sunny dry days. LOL But, I'm hoping our search committee will have some good news aboutfinding a candidate for us. You might wonder why Pastor Art and I couldn't be called to be the permmanent pastors. Well, the simple reason is that it is against the rules. Beside this church really needs a much younger pastor than what either one of us is. We have a lot of our members that are in their early thirties and have kids so they need a pastor that is energetic and can relate, not two old dudes that have been around forever. --- Of course I say that as I'm getting ready to go take on a Yoked parish for maybe five years or more; so where's the logic. 

I went out yesterday afternoon as I was filling the bird feeders in preparation for this cold snap, and I decided that I would maybe jump on the "backyard John Deere" and mulch up the leaves. BUt, as luck would have it, the battery was dead as a doornail. I gues I could try to get the little self propelled mower out of the shed and try it out. I haven't used it in two years. I assume it might work. It will be a pain in the rear to get it out. And by now, I'll have to wait a few days for the snow to melt and the leaves to dry some. 

Well, I have an hour left to work on my sermon so I better get to it. Have a blessed week. 






No comments:

Post a Comment