Saturday, November 23, 2019

Again Bullwinkle??? Do we have to have rain every morning?? Mother Nature is sure being a downer. It is raining and forty-one and not a bit of sunshine anywhere. If I didn’t have so darned much to be thankful for, —- I might be in a grumpy mood. But, instead I’ll just sit here and watch this silly squirrel be frustrated because it can’t get into the feeder it is trying to rob from.

Speaking of feeders, I need to fill them all again and I really need to go to Wild Birds and Things. They have a good sale going on and I’m in need of several items. I still haven’t made it to Pet Foods either to get more sunflower seed. I may have enough to do another filling but that would be all. The can will be empty. Just maybe it will quit raining today and we can go this afternoon. Of course it is going to be sloppy to walk around out in the yard.

Finches, sparrows, a pair of nuthatches, a couple of cardinals, and a large red-headed woodpecker are all my guests this morning. And of course old “swishy-tail”. Squirrel finally gave up and went off to the neighbor’s yard. It won’t get much there, Their feeders are empty too. They only put out a couple.  Using my house as the center, there are eight houses surrounding me and only one other house has feeders out all the time. So there is little wonder that my Backyard Buffet is successful. And I have more foliage like azaleas  and plants for them to hide in. It does make a good habitat for them.

I spent a few hours addressing Christmas cards yesterday. I addressed 70 so far and those were just to church families. Ms. Kate had to put some more together last evening because I used up most of what she had made. This morning I’ll finish up our list and that job will be done. As soon as Thanksgiving is over they will all go in the mailbox and that chore, (I mean joy) will be done for another year. At least we don’t send out “brag letters” anymore. As a matter of fact, we don’t get many of those any more either. Maybe it is because like us, all of the folks we used to send them to have gotten old along with us and their kids are all grown and gone too. And, many of the relatives that we used to send them too have passed away.

That’s about enough for today. It is Saturday and that means you have an appointment with God at some point this weekend for worship. Don’t put it off because of bad weather or something. After all —- God doesn’t put you off. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment