Tuesday, December 3, 2019

29 degrees on this crisp Tuesday morning. At least it isn’t raining and the temperature will bounce all the way up to almost 45 today. That’s about normal for our area here in early December. There are a few high clouds out there but it sure is nice to see a lot of blue sky peeking through.

Early December, —- I can’t believe I’m saying that but here it is. 2019 has only 28 days of life left in it and we will begin a whole new year and a whole new decade. That is kind of exciting don’t you think. Although, you know I was born in 1944 and with this new year being 2020, that means I’m only two and a half decades from being 100 years old. I don’t think I want to live that long. By the time you turn 100 all of your friends are long dead, most likely even your kids are dead. And —- you really can’t take care of yourself and you have pretty much accomplished everything that God put you on earth to accomplish. Nah, I don’t need to live to be 100 years old.

We spent yesterday running around getting some things done before we head out on our vacation tomorrow. So far I’ve only gotten my suitcase out, I haven’t started actually packing it. We’re headed to Las Vegas and I checked the Accuweather predictions and they don’t look too bad. I think the highest temperature we will see is sixty-one and the lowest temperature will be in the low forties. That’s not bad at all. It certainly won’t be “short-sleeve weather” but heavy jackets won’t be required either. I hope we don’t come home to snow and crappy weather here. Right now most of the country is under some kind of winter weather watch and winter storm warnings. It is going to be that kind of year. I don’t have the snow blade on yet. We didn’t have time to do that when Jim was down. He and Julie are going to be down for a really quick trip I think on the 13th or 14th so maybe he will have time to help me get the blade on then. He is pretty quick with doing it. It is a lot easier to get the blade on my newest John Deere than it was the old one.

The Backyard Buffet is busy right now. Lots of cardinals and finches, titmouse, nuthatches, and of course starlings and blackbirds. The feeders are pretty empty but the yard is also very sloppy. They may have to just be on their own and clean up everything they have knocked on the ground. Then I will fill everything when I get back next week. They do depend on me having food and water here for the though. Well, they depend on the source, they have no idea how it gets there; although sometimes they sit on the branch and look this way and it makes me feel like they are blaming me and wondering whay I haven’t done my job. LOL

I haven’t been on y bike for a week and today I am going to get on and ride for awhile. We moved the bike out of the sunporch because Ms. Kate doesn’t want to ride it out here because it is too cold for her. The bike is now in the dining room and I look out the dining room window. BUt, it is what it is. I’ve alwys got my headphones on and am watching You Tube videos when I ride anyway so I guess it makes no difference.

Having said that, it is time to get busy. I pray you will have a blessed day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment