Thursday, November 21, 2019

Another yuk weather day. But, it isn’t freezing cold and or snowing, so I guess a rainy, cloudy, windy, 51 degree day beats the alternatives.

It isn’t quite noon yet but getting close. I’ve spent my morning here in the sun porch. I’ve played my two daily computer games; Criminal Case and Bingo Bash. I’ve spent more than enough time reading  Facebook comments and articles that people post. I’ve had a couple of Facebook Messenger chats with folks, and I’ve spent an hour on “the bike” and rode a little over seven miles. And —- I’m only on my second cup of coffee.

It has rained on and off all morning. It hasn’t been a down pour, but waves of showers that come in and last maybe fifteen minutes and then fade away. Between the water on the dry leaves making them heavy,  and the breeze, the leaves are really falling from the trees all around the neighborhood. The trees in my yard and the maples in the neighbors trees to the south and west are mostly bare. But looking through the yards to the west over to the next street, it look like an orange colored snow fall. I have a row of red flame bushes that line the south fence here in the backyard. They have yet to lose their leaves.

My Backyard. Buffet guests this morning have been mostly finches. I’ve only seen a couple of cardinals, a starling or two, a mockingbird and a dove. The squirrels have been having trouble this morning trying to climb the metal shepherd’s crook poles. There was one squirrel that I know tried two dozen time to make it up the five foot of pole and just kept sliding back down. It was amusing to watch while I was riding the bike.

Yesterday being Wednesday, of course I had office hours in the morning. After I left the office, I picked up Ms. Kate and we went to to Bob’s house and “made a turnip run”. I got maybe a dozen from him and they are really good and sweet. I think he probably has another thousand still in the ground and we are surprised they haven’t frozen yet. But, I pulled one and trimmed it. Ms. Kate washed it and peeled it and said it was really good. She does like her raw turnips. Neither of us would give you a penny for a gallon of cooked turnips, but peel, slice, salt and eat is the way to go. My mother used to cook them and I don’t even like the smell of cooked turnips.

If and when it quits raining today, Ms. Kate and I have to go do some grocery shopping and I unfortunately have to go to Wild Birds and Things. I’m out of a couple of things. And I should go to Pet Foods too and get some sunflower seed for my cardinals and all of their friends including the fat bushy tailed ones. Unfortunately that also means I have to get out of my very comfortable sweats and put my brace on. I try to do without my brace as much as possible when I’m just around the house and not going downstairs. It gets easier to get around without the brace all he time. I just know that Achilles’ tendon is growing back. I have to be careful though because turning wrong tends to trip me up and I wouldn’t want to damage what has healed and ot maybe even break an ankle. That would totally suck. So, when I go out of the house or down the stairs, I put my brace on.

That about does it for the day. Have a blessed day. Do something nice for someone and be thankful to God for the opportunity. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment