Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Hang on to your hat or it will be in the next county before you can catch it. It’s a beautiful looking day out there and in fact it doesn’t feel too bad. But it is 46 degrees and the wind is 24 mph. I have a couple of substantial limbs down that I will have to clean up when all of this dies down. My shed door was blown open and the cover has blown off of my John Deere. This wind advisory is supposed to go until around 1500 hours today. Julie and the pups are coming down later this afternoon. Hopefully the wind will die down before she gets on the road. She has a small car and it is a bit “boxy” and I wouldn’t want her to get blown off the road.

One thing the wind has accomplished is that the trees around my yard and perimeter are all totally nude now. If we could get a couple of nice days in a row, I could get all of the lean=vets cleaned up and mulched up for the winter. But —- that is not likely to happen any time soon. Tomorrow is supposed to be okay but then rain on Friday and Saturday and into Sunday. BTW, I listened to the winter forecast last night and it is predicted to be snowier than last year, especially in February. So, at some point I better get the snow blade on the John Deere. Basically he said colder and wetter than last year. It was not what I was hoping for. Of course, if I would retire like guys my age are supposed to do, it wouldn’t bother me; I’d just stay home. But not me —- I gotta go to work which means I gotta get the snow off of the drive way. I do make my own trouble.

The Blue Jay is out there fussing at the squirrel because it is on the feeder it wants to eat from. The squirrels are doing acrobatics this morning through the trees. They are jumping from one tree to the next and they land on such small limbs that I don’t know how the limbs don’t break. It is both fascinating and fun to watch.  I have a lot of guests braving the wind this morning to come in and eat. I did get to Wild Birds and pick up some more products. I still haven’t picked up sun flower seed . The car was full of groceries so I didn’t have room for any forty pound bags of birdseed. I could go today and get a couple of bags. All of the feeders are full now but the can is empty. I should probably take advantage of a sunny day, wind or no wind.

That’s it for today. Have a wonderful week. I hope you have the chance to be with loved ones and if you don’t, think about maybe going and helping at a shelter to serve food. It will warm your heart and make you thankful for what God has blessed you with. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment