Saturday, November 16, 2019

A blessed Saturday morning to you. The sun is shining and it is 34 degrees going up to 44 today or at least that is what is predicted. There is however, a very stiff wind blowing out there so I suspect it would be pretty uncomfortable unless you had a good jacket on.

We had a pretty good day yesterday. We started off by going to Sam’s Club for some items Ms. Kate wanted. We came home, put that stuff way and then headed to St. Joe Inn to meet Brenda and Bob for lunch. Lunch was good but not as good as usual. I guess every restaurant can have an “off” day. But, —- the conversation and company were excellent so I have no complaints. I was glad to see that Bob was looking a lot better. He fell face first on his concrete patio last week and really banged himself up. Had to have four stitches across the bridge of his nose. His eyes were blackened but most of that is gone now and he had the stitches removed on Thursday. I’m not sure but I think that Bob must be about 87 by now. Brenda has her 65th birthday today. I need to send her a birthday text.

After lunch, Ms. Kate and I came home and I spent some time filling bird feeders. My guests started flying in almost immediately. This morning I have had a lot of guests already including a couple of squirrels. At the moment we are “between courses”, and only a couple of chickadees and finches are around.

I had my surgery yesterday and it was indeed minor surgery. Dr. Jackson opened and drained this spot on my neck. It was really big, or maybe seemed bigger than it really was, I don’t know. It was at least the size of a silver dollar. Doc said it was just an infection that had grown. He lanced it and drained it and cleaned it; then just bandaged it. He said he wasn’t going to stitch it because he wanted it to remain open so it could continue to drain if it needed to. It did drain some more last evening and Ms. Kate changed the bandage, and then changed it again this morning. My next hurts this morning and that is expected. But, — this too shall pass in a day or two. I’m just glad it wasn’t anything to worry about.

Today, Ms. Kate and I will finish doing the laundry, and I’ll get on the bike for a ride and maybe she will too. I need to check and see if the BMV is open this morning and go get my license plate for the new car too. Then this afternoon I’ll go over my sermon again in preparation for tomorrow, and maybe do some more work on the sermon I’m writing.  I started on my sermon for January 12th, 2020. I got a page and a half written last night while I was watching television.

So, that is my day. I hope you have a great day and that is full of blessings. Do something nice for someone today and it will increase your own blessings ten-fold. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment