Monday, November 4, 2019

A very good Monday to you. It is afternoon and just pre-nap time. Ms. Kate and I went out for launch because it is spaghetti day at the Lamasco Bar. Their spaghetti might not be the best in the world but it certainly satisfies us. Ms. Kate tried the baked today and I took my regular order. The waitress recognizes us and asked if we want our regular. Monday is the only day we go there. Maybe there other days are good too but one day a week there is enough.

I cheated about work today although it certainly was not intentional. I had spent most of the morning putting together a couple of worship services and wrote my homily for Christmas Eve. I looked up at the clock and it was almost noon already. So, I packed up my computer and said good bye to Karen and left. I had to stop and get gas and as I did I got a text from Kaaren that said, “You left an hour early today. The clocks haven’t been set back for the end of Daylight Saving Time yet. Sure enough, I looked at my watch and I was an hour early. Oh well, it isn’t like I had anybody coming in to see me and I guarantee, the church gets that hour and many more. But, it was humorous.

We had 71 in church yesterday, I thought that was pretty good considering I can think of at least three families that were not there. My sermon was well received and we had several people make comments to us about our leaving the church. All of the comments were positive though. The fellow that we were courting to come and replace me as the co-pastor turned us down. So, I don’t know what we are going to do, or rather I don’t know what Art is going to do. There are still a couple of options out there but the picking is getting real slim.

Ms. Kate made up a bunch of pumpkin “bread-in-a-jar” today. I’m anxious to give that a try. Speaking of Ms. Kate, she just turned of her Pad and closed her eyes so it must be nap time. I hope you have a great day. I know I will. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz


No comments:

Post a Comment