Saturday, August 3, 2019

Saturday morning and it is a hot and muggy one already. I just got of my recumbent bicycle; I rode 6.1 miles this morning in 40 minutes. I’m a tad winded but not too bad. I did work up a bit of a sweat though and that is a good thing because I’m going to be having a bowl of fresh cantaloupe and a slice of peach pie along with my coffee this morning. Gotta put back those calories.

I’ve caught two raccoons this week at the Backyard Buffet. I had another one in the trap yesterday morning. Animal Control came and picked it up. It was a nasty one too. It was not happy at all about being in that trap. It hissed and snapped at the animal control guy several time. I thought that it bit him but he said no, he had gotten his hand out of the way in time. Last night I set out two traps but nothing came along and “took the bait”. I had thought that just maybe I would catch the possum too. I’m going to leave the traps set up and just see if they took a night off from their rounds. The problem is that if you catch one on Saturday night, there is no animal control pick up on Sunday. So, I may have to re-think that. I don’t want to have them dying of thirst in the hot sun.

I got the yards mowed yesterday; mine, Dan’s and Theresa’s. I am so very glad that I am back on the John Deere again. It is so relaxing to be able to just ride around out there mowing and enjoying myself. Of course the fact that doing dan and Theresa’s yard is strictly voluntary makes a difference. If I was contracted to do it or it was a job, I wouldn’t enjoy it near as much.

Tomorrow is Sunday and it is first Sunday of the month which means we’ll have communion. I always enjoy having communion. I feel much closer to God on communion Sundays. Having said that, I hope you are planning to take time to worship tomorrow. God provides so generously for us, and I feel that taking some tie to go and worship God is the very least we can do. have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment