Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Mid week already and it is getting on into evening already. Ms. Kate and I are sitting until the sunporch watching the action in the Backyard Buffet. I went out and filled the feeders and hung up a bunch again. I’m having to pit it back together after the destruction of the raccoon. BUT!!!!! That raccoon won’t be in my yard again.

We went out yesterday afternoon and bought a couple of traps. I put a can of cat. Food on one of them and set it right on the sidewalk where they have been doing their latest damage. That was about 1700 hours, I got ready to goto bed around 2230 after the news and I turned on the back yard light and I had already captured the thing. This morning, after Bible study, I called Animal control and they said they would come and pick it up. Around 1300, they came by and took it away. The lady said that ours was the fourth one on her truck. They take them and relocate them out in a city park. That was what I had considered doing but I didn’t think it was legal for me to do it. I had called DNR and they told me that I could release it on private property if I had the owners permission. Otherwise I could exterminate it. Somehow, it just didn’t sit well with me to stand over it trapped in a cage and shooting it. So now it will have to get off of the “easy food train”, and fight the other raccoons for its meal.  

I went to work this morning and I also conducted the Bible study for Pastor Art. He is still on vacation and will get home on Saturday.

I should get on my bike and ride for twenty minutes or so or maybe three miles, which ever comes first. But, —- by evening, my leg starts to get pretty tired and starts to give me some pain. So, with the other walking and work I have done today, I think I’ll take a day off from it.

With that, I think I’ll drop off of here and see what Ms. Kate and I are going to do about having some dinner. Have a blessed evening. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment