Thursday, August 29, 2019

Welcome to “do nothing Thursday” once again. It is a crispy right fall-looking morning at sixty-five degrees and lots of sunshine. I call this “Do-Nothing Thursday” because I have nothing on my calendar schedule that I have to accomplish. In reality, I have a lot of stuff that I need to do.

I think first thing today will be to feed the birds. Everything is empty out there with the exception of a  woodpecker cylinder and the hummingbird feeder. Old “Buzzwing” the hummer was here a few minutes ago. I suspect his days are limited for here and he’ll be moving on before too long. I need to go to Pet Foods and pick up another 80 pounds of sunflower seed too and I need to make a list of things to get at Wild Birds too. It is going to be an expensive trip. But, ya’ gotta’ pay to play and we do enjoy our birds.

Other things on my list include riding “the bike to nowhere” for about five files or so; putting the battery charger on my backyard John Deere, (it was dead when I tried to start it last evening), Then if I feel up to it, I really need to get out in the garden with a hoe and get some of the weeds out of it. And my flowerbed back here is so over grown, I don’t know if I’ll ever get it straightened out. And in  between all of that, we plan to go to Princeton and drop off a bag of plastic bottle caps to Lyles Station. They take them and they send them off to have benches made out of them. I have a plastic bag hanging on my back door that we put them in and it about to break because it is so full. I’d really hate to drop one more cap into that bag and have it break and spill all over the floor.

So that is what a “Do nothing Thursday” looks like. It’s like any other day except it isn’t on the calendar.

Wow, August is almost over. Only two more days and it will be September. One of the good gigs is that we have three vacations coming up before the end of the year. In September we are going to Las Vegas and California to see Heather for a week. In October we are driving to North Carolina to see Lisa for a week. In December we are going back to Las Vegas for the National Finals Rodeo. Being laid up for all of Spring and most of Summer, has made us anxious to get on the road once again.

But now —- it is time to start on my “do nothing” list. I hope you have a wonderful day. Go with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment