Thursday, August 15, 2019

Happy Thursday morning. I hope the weather at your place is as good as it is at mine. I have blue skies and sunshine and a slight breeze with temp in the low seventies. It is so nice that I am going to finish my cup of coffee and my blog and then spray myself with some DEET mosquito spray and go work in the yard. How about them apples? I have a bunch of sticks to pick up and break up and put in my garbage can and I have a garden full of weeds I I need to take a hoe to. I need it to dry out just a bit first though.

Tomorrow the heat and humidity is supposed to return and maybe even some showers. We have an outdoor wedding rehearsal tomorrow evening so I hope it isn’t raining for that or for the wedding on Saturday. The wedding on Saturday is at 1400 hrs which will be the hottest part of the day. I’m hoping there will be plenty of shade and maybe even some breeze out there in the Woodland chapel. It is such a beautiful place to do a wedding. But, when the air is still and the sun is bright, it comes right through the canopy.

The bike riding is still going strong. I made my one hour goal yesterday and rode eight miles. But, I have to admit I suffered a bit because of it. By bed time last night, I could barely move because my back hurt, my knees hurt, and my leg hurt. So, rather than go down stairs and watch TV, decided to take some ibuprofen and go to bed. I did get a good nights sleep though.

Ms. Kate and I had a date night again last night. We went to see the new Lion King movie. The first release of that movie was 21 years ago and I think it is the one she always called “me movie” because she wanted it to play constantly. The updated version uses really animals or —- it is the best CGI I have ever seen. The story is the same and the music is the same but the difference between watching the two is phenomenal. I glad we went to see it. I always love a date night with my sweetie whether it is a concert, a nice meal out or free popcorn at the movie. We’re still “an item” even after 57 years of dates.

Time to spray myself and go pick up sticks, fill bird feeders, and pull some weeds. I hope your day is blessed. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment