Saturday, August 10, 2019

It amazes me how often I don’t get around to blogging these days. My last blog was on Tuesday and here it is Saturday morning already. But the days have been busy and we have had places to go.

This morning already I have been out to the barber shop to “get my ears lowered” as my dad used to say. The hair was tickling my ears and that always bothers me. When I was a kid my dad was always my barber. He would give me my haircuts and he did aa pretty good job of it. He had an old Manuel set of clippers, a comb, and a pair of scissors, and I set on a kitchen stool with a towel around me while he did his thing. After I got married, Ms. Kate cut my hair most of the time. Since I was in the Air Force, she kept it cut because it saved us money. But, in the last decade or so, I’ve gone to the barbershop. My barber knows how I like it and he’s not a talker like so many of them are. If fact he and I seldom say anything while he is cutting my hair.

Ms. Kate and I have been sticking to our bike riding routine. She does either two or two and a half miles and I’m doing six and a half. Some times we ride every day and sometimes we ride every other day. Six and a half takes me forty five minutes or so and I’m working my way up to an hour of riding. That should put me at about eight miles. My goal is to go ten miles. I think that is long enough and far enough.

But, now, I think I’ll drop off and jump on the John Deere and mow some yards. It is going to get up to about 90 degrees today and I thin I want to get it done now. Later we are going to the orchard for some peaches.

It is Saturday so don’t forget that God will be expecting you in worship tomorrow. Go and join your friends in praise and worship. If you don’t have a church, go find one and walk on in. If they aren’t friendly to you, try another next week. Regardless though, take time to stop and give thanks for the blessings you have been given this week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment