Monday, August 12, 2019

Monday morning and I'm at the office. So far the excitement has consisted of watching the copy machine guy come in and work on the machine. Now that he is gone, I'll have to settle for watching count and log in the offering from yesterday. I'll tell ya', I do live an exciting life. Tonight I get to come back to the church and sit through a church council meeting. We'll talk about the status of the work that is being done to the parsonage and to the class rooms. We'll talk about the up coming Cruise-in For Christ fund-raiser. We'll talk about the new Sunday school class that Pastor Art wants to start and the Financial Peace class that he also want to be conducted here to help people with their money management, (and maintaining their tithing). The one thing they won't talk about though is finding the new called pastor. So far, I don't think they have replaced the committee chairperson that quit, nor as far as I know, do they have any propective candidates. It is not a good thing. The thing is, if we were a more "liberal" church, we could have had a new pasteor maybe three years ago. But, we are a church that fails to follows the new definitions of society and accept same sex marriage as proper. Our denomination has no problem with re-defining marriage and relationships and in fact promotes it even in the seminaries. But, it does make it hard to find a pastor that will be supported by the local association or the denomination if they don't "toe-the-line" so to speak. My former parish is in the same fix as Zoar. Their pastor is retiring as of December 31st and their search committee is getting no recommendations either.

Ms. Kate and I went to the horse races yesterday. It was the first time we had been in several years. Our doctor has half interest in a horse and we went and bet a small wager on it. The best part of the day was the $1.00 hotdogs and the $2.00 beer. The horse might be at the finish line by now. I'm glad our bet was minimal.

We are supposed to go grocery shopping today after I leave here unless it is raining. Wel, at the moment, it is thundering and lightening, and raining and I'm leaving here in about thirty minutes. So, I reckon we won't be shopping for groceries today. Instead, I'll go home and climb on my recumbant bicycle and take a trip to nowhere. I probably will do another six miles today. That seems to be about the point where I am ready to get off of it.

We have a brand new week starting today so let's all decide to make the most of it and do something this week to help someone else. There is always someone out there that we may know or may not know that can use a helping hand. Be the reason someone smiles this week. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment