Monday, August 5, 2019

It’s a Monday afternoon, it is hot and muggy and most likely in three o four months, we will all be wishing for a hot and muggy month; but not today. Today, sitting here in the sun porch with the ceiling fan on is just fine.

We had a good weekend. We didn’t do a lot though. Saturday night we went to the Victory Theater for a concert by one of Ms. Kate’s favorite groups. They are called “Big Bad Voodoo Daddy” and are a band that does 1940’s “speakeasy” type jazz.

Of course yesterday was Sunday and that means church to start out the day. It seems there were a lot of people missing from church but we did have 67 people there so that isn’t too bad. I know of several families that were traveling and others were out camping. I think the school year begins this week so people were out taking that last day or last weekend off before the grind starts again. I really glad that those days are all long gone for Ms. Kate and me. Although, —- having all of my girls at home again for even a while, does sound ideal.

I started my day off at the church for awhile. The I had a 10:00 appointment with a parishioner for visitation and communion. I always like doing that visit with her. She is 90 years old and was one of my Sunday school teachers when I was a youngster. She and her husband were a great couple. I conducted her husband’s funeral maybe five years ago. She always seems to really appreciate it when I come by and bring communion. I talked to another member of the church yesterday that I had been taking communion to. I didn’t know if I could physically get in their house to bring tem communion because their outside steps are steep and they have no hand rail. She attends church most every Sunday but he doesn’t. He has a colostomy bag and doesn’t want to be in church with it. He has had cancer for several years. I think they are close to their 90’s too. But, we determined yesterday that I could walk through their garage and get in their house. They only have one step for me to have to do. Maybe Thursday I can take communion to them.

Ms. Kate and I have been keeping up with our bike riding. Today she passed the three mile mark. I’m really proud of her for keeping up with it. It is so good for her and it is also good for me too. I did 6.5 miles today in 45 minutes. Now, I’m laid back in my recliner while I write this. The bike sure beats walking out in the 90 degree weather. I call it my bike to nowhere. But the scenery and entertainment is great as I watch my friends at the Backyard Buffet.

That’s enough for today. I pray you will have a fantastic week. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment