Saturday, August 31, 2019

Welcome to Saturday morning. I don’t how it is where you are but we have a seventy-two degree, cloudy morning and the air is fairly still. Sitting here in the sun porch without the sun shining in gives it almost drift off back to sleep atmosphere and that isn’t great because I’m sleepy-eyed this morning anyway.

It is Labor Day weekend. I suppose that a lot of people will be out on the road for that last weekend hurrah. I know several of the people from the congregation are planning to take their campers out this weekend for one last time for the year. Attendance may be a little sparse tomorrow. The next big travel day and holiday will be Thanksgiving.

I filled all of my feeders in the Backyard Buffet on Thursday afternoon and I see that the blackbirds have already emptied the one withe the bark butter bits in it. Those dang things will sit there and eat until they are ready to pop. Then another one will fly in and they fuss and fight and eventually one of them wins and drives off the other. It’s a comedy out there.

Yesterday I got the “back yard JD” running and mowed the yard. I had tried to do that on Thursday but the battery was dead. So I put the battery charger on it over night and it started up pretty quickly.
My grass is so sparse out there and I don’t seem to be able to make it grow. I think a lot of it has to do with how much shade I have. The two poplar trees keep it i the shade. About 85% of the time. I plan to have it  aireated  this fall and re-seeded again. It slopes a lot and when it rain, the water washes over it and any seed or fertilizer that I put out there just washes down into the ditch. So, I have had to mow it much this year.

The cardinals are busy having breakfast this morning. I have a half dozen out there at thee moment as well as finches, wrens, and a hummingbird; and of course the blackbirds. So far the squirrels aare sleeping in.

That’s about it for today. I’m offering prayers again today for the people in the path of Hurricane Dorian. Hopefully it will turn and go back out to sea. Have a blessed weekend. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment