Saturday, August 24, 2019

What a beautiful and lazy Saturday this is. I’ve accomplished nothing today so far and it is now a quarter after twelve in the afternoon. And you know what, I plan to do more of the same the rest of the day. I did ask Ms. Kate if she would like to take a drive to some place and get something to eat but she is in about the same frame of mind that I am. So, we may just end up sitting here in the sunporch looking at one another and playing on our IPads. But it does seem a shame to waste a good day by staying indoors.

Ms. Kate is the latest person in our twosome to play “Dancing With the Stairs”. Last evening she was going from the sunporch into the family room with her hands more full than they should have been. Somehow she tripped going up the two steps and fell. Her injury is a two inch by four inch “skin removed by brick” wound on her left arm. She didn’t holler for me but waited until I came up from the basement to tell me. It was a bloody mess. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it for her. Today we have to go get some proper sized bandages  for it. She a bit sore today but not as bad as I thought she might be. I think we both need keepers.

What I need to do is get my butt outside and fill the Backyard Buffet. I don’t know how muddy it is though. We’ve had almost three inches of rain this week. But I see a lot of feeders out there that are empty.

Yesterday Ms. Kate and I went to St. Joe Inn for “Schrooms and Beer” with Bob and Brenda. It is always  great to be able to do that. Bob seems to get more frail all the time. I think he is 87 now but he is such a good friend. He and his wife Georgia Ann were two of our favorite people when I was the pastor of the parish in Ft.Branch. We try to get together once every six weeks or so.

Well, we are going to get out of our recliners and start moving. Y’all have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment