Monday, August 19, 2019

Good morning on this blessed start to the week. It's great to see the sunshine this morning. I'm at work and am just catching up on some things. In a few minutes I'm heading out to do some parishioner visitation and take comunion to a couple of folks. It will be the first time I have been able to visit these folks since my accident in February. They have some really steep steps with no handrail making it very scary to try to get in and out of theoir house. I finally talked to them and we figured out that I could come through their garage. So, that's what I'm going to try to do. From there I'll head to the nursing home to see a couple of folks.

Last night was interesting. I was sitting at my computer and the lights went out. I'll tell you what; that is one dark basement when the power is off. I sat there for a few moments and tried to figure out where the flashlight was. I knew that I had one there on my desk somewhere but in pitch-black I couldn't see anything. I felt around and felt around and finally found it. I went up stairs and it was storming like crazy. The worst thing was that my generator had not kicked on like it was supposed to. It has an autostart function but it didn't work. I think that when the gas and electric company came out and put a new meter on the gas line they cut the gas off and that shut down the autostart. So, I grabbed my raincoat and went out and fiddled around with it and it started  up and ran just fine for the next eight hours while the commercial power was off. But, I was the only house around that had power. I offered the neighbor to come over but they said they would stay where they were and just go to bed early. When I reported the power outage, I asked to be notified when the power came on. It was 0100 hours when they called me. As I drove to the office today, I saw that there were a lot of yards that were full of tree debris. The weather forecast calls for another storm maybe this evening and then again on Wednesday.

Okay, I'm running out of time. I need to put my laptop up and head out for my appointment. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment