Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Tuesday morning and I’m just now getting back to the blog. I don’t know why it is so hard to eat around to doing my blog since I’m not on the Sun porch these days. Ms Kate has set me up a perfectly workable space in the family room where I am getting my sermons written ad staying up with my sill computer game. But not being in the sunporch and being able to watch or even get out and feed my birds just seems to taken my blogging spirit away. I think sitting here looking at a wall  just doesn’t do the trick.

I hope your weekend went very well and I hope you took the time and opportunity to attend your local house of worship. We had a well attended service wth about eighty people in attendance. I finally got to give the sermon that I had written to give back in January. The Sunday I was scheduled to give it , it snowed us out. So, I planned to give it a couple of weeks later and we got snowed out agai. Then I was going to give it on February 17th but —- on February 16th, I did my now infamous trick of falling backwards down my basement steps. So —- I was bound and determined that I was going to give it this past Sunday. It ws a sermon that I was really proud of (maybe that was the problem; God saw my pride getting in the way) and I think it went over well. I am preaching gain this coming Sunday because Art is on vacation. I’m also working on a Bible study to do tomorrow night at our Lenten meal. So, I’m fully engaged with work again and feeling productive once more. I have to do it I get tired more easily these days and I know I’m a pain in the butt to Ms. Kate with all of the places she needs to drive me to. Everytime we get in and out of the car she has to get my knee scooter in and out of the back of the car and fuss arounnd with that. But she has been an absolute trouper with the whole thing. I don’t knoow what I would do without her.

Tomorrow morning we go to the Orthopaedic clinic where they will finally take my stitches out from my tendon surgery. Then I think they will be taking away my splint and putting me in a hard cast. I don’t know if I will be able there to walk on that  cast or put weight on the leg yet or what. I’m anxious to see what the verdict will be on that front. At some point I’d think they will have me up on crutches and learning to walk with them as oppposed to riding my scooter everywhere. But that is all determined by my ability to put weight on the leg. Then, there is also the effect that using crutches will have on my back. I am on week seven since the accident and week three since my surgery. I am doing so much better and I owe that all to a healing and loving God. I was feeling a little sorry for myself again today and I remembered the words my doctor at th rehab facility said: “Remember Job”. I also suddenly thought of all of the young veterans that have come home from the war who will for the rest of their lives be living without arms and legs and they are working through their injuries and living productive lives and supporting themselves and their families. My accident is an inconvenience at worst, but I’m going to get back to my original condition with at the most, a chronic back ache. So my prayer is that God be with all of those young men and women who have sacrificed partsof their bodies and shattered their lives for our freedom.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment