Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Welcome to Tuesday afternoon. I’m sitting in the sunporch enjoying the Azalea blooms across the yard, and the wafting smell of the lilacs blooming at the corner of the house. It is wonderful. My bird feeders are all empty have been for weeks but the birds keep coming around. I really hope that next week I can put weight on this foot and leg and get out there and fill feeders. The sunflower feeders have literally been empty since my accident. However, Ms. Kate did fill the hummingbird feeder today. I saw our first one yesterday and we knew we better put feed out or it would move on.

Yesterday after we did office hours, we went out to Sonic and had a bite to eat. We haven’t been to. Sonic in years and I can honestly, nothing has changed. It was fine for a fast - don’t have to get out of the car - meal. There aren’t many of them around here in Evansville so we generally don’t think about them. But the fact that we didn’t have to get my knee-scooter out of the car made it attractive.

Yesterday afternoon, I managed to get in my John Deere and mow the yards. I mowed our, Dans’s and Purdy’s. I felt like I was in charge and healthy again. Ms. Kate was not “happy” about me doing it because she was worried that I might hurt myself in some manner but she said that she was tired of nagging me about it, so she looked the other way. Getting on and off was a bit problematic but I managed. Then there was the issue of depressing the foot pedal that raises and lowers the mower deck.. That has to be done with my left leg which is where my cast is and I’m not supposed be putting weight on it just yet. BUt, I managed and I didn’t break my cast so that’s good. Next week when I mow, I won’t have the cast on and should be cleared for weight bearing. That will make it immensely easier.

This morning we met my sister for breakfast at Denny’s. It was the first time we have seen each other in three and aa half years. So, it was time.

Tomorrow morning I have office hours again and then tomorrow night I have another meeting to attend. For a “part-time -job”, I sure spend a lot of hours working.

That catches you up on what’s new since yesterday. The clouds are moving in so it is possible we will be getting rain yet this evening. But, the weather temperature is perfect and there is a slight breeze blowing. All is well. Have a great evening. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment