Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Easter Monday! The worship services have been held. Facebook has been flooded with Easter "He is Risen" memes and pictures. The eggs have been found and the company has come and gone. All in all, it was a geat day. Our weather was perfect and today's weather looks to be the same. If I am able to, I'm getting on my John Deere and doing some mowing after I get home from the office today. The only question will be as to whether or not I can operate the clutch with my leg that has the cast. Once again, it is a sign or being "normal again".

Our services went well yesterday. I didn't go to the early service simply because there was no way that I would be able to use my knee scooter out there in the chapek. We had rain Friday and Saturday and the mulch would have been soggy. Besides that, it was only about forty degrees. But the 38 people that did show up for it were very happy with the service. We had a carry-in breakfast after the early service. Lots of good food was brought in. Ms. Kate fixed a ten pound ham to take. Much of it was eaten.

After the breakfast the children presented their Easter program and it went very well. The kids are always so cute doing their thing. You never know if they are going to actually do what they are expected to do or not. Next it was tim for the late service. The bell-choir and trumpet player did a fine job and the chancel choir did well. I preached the message and we had Holy Communion. We had 95 in attendance for that service.

We had an "Easter-funny" at our house that I discovered today. Ms. Kate had bought a bag of frozen dough-balls for rolls for Easter. Saturday she put them in a cooler with some ice. Well, we either forgot to fix them or we changed our minds, I don't know which. However, I opened the cooler this morning to see if I could pour the water out of the cooler from what I asumed would be the melted ice. What I found was the bag of dough-balls had exploded in there and the yest dough had risen into a large mound. I said that I thought it was quite appropriate for Easter; --- it had risen and was alive!!

So, now that Easter is over, we can all relax a little bit. No extra services to plan, the only thing for me to concentrate on is getting everything prepped and ready for us to take our vacation in six weeks. I am so very much looking forward to that. I get my cast off a week from tomorrow and I so hope that I can start walking then. I know it is going to be a challenge but we are both so ready to put this all behind us and get back to normal.

That's it for today. I pray you will have a wonderful day and a wonderful week. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment