Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday morning and here we are at the office. I've been working on my service for May 5th and have developed  service for the 23rd of June which is the Sunday that we get back from our vacation. I need to work ahead because Karen, our secretary is also going to be on vacation and I need to have everything ready so she can work ahead too.

We had 100 in church yesterday which is really great. Pastor Art had a bunch of people that came to hear him that he has known for years. That really boosted our number up. I think we might have had about 85 otherwise. However, 85 is still a great number. This coming Sunday is Easter Sunday and last year we had 137 attend. I'm really hoping to get 150 this year. I told the congregation thaat yesterdaay and asked them to bring friends and relatives. After church yesterday we had our children's Easter egg hunt, but, the weather had turned cold and damp so they had a mass gaggle in the church basement. We had probably twenty children show up. That was good. Of course there were more kids there because of the hunt. We also did a children's "Palm" parade during he service. The kids really got into it, parading around shouting Hossanah and waving their palm branches.

I'm still counting down the days until I get my cast off of this leg. I told Ms. Kate this morning that one of the first things I'm going to do is soak my foot. It has gotten funky since I'm unable to get the cast wet. Then I'm hoping that they will let me put a real sock on it even though I have to have it back in my "boot". I don't know how long I will have to wear that boot. Hopefully not very long. But I suppose it will give the ankle and leg some amount of stablization as I learn to walk on it again. I'm just anxious to not have to be riding around on the scooter all the time. I also realize that my expaectations are probably not what the reality is going to be but it will be nice to b able to stand up and take my shower and a few things like that.

The world outside is in full spring bloom here at least. The upper parts of the country are still getting winter blizzards. I can't imagine it being the midle of April and having to dig out from under two feet of snow. I would never want to live in a place like that. But, our tulips are all in bloom and the azealias are starting to bloom. The daffodils are done with but the blue bells are blooming too. That tells me that is is probably time to be out in the wods hunting for morels. I've never been any good at finding those things but Kate was always good at it.

That's it for today. Time to close up the computer and head home. I hope your day is filled with love and kindness. Stay close to God. There is no one or notjing better to rely on. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment