Monday, April 29, 2019

And a blessed Monday to you! It is a cool and gloomy morning. The weather dude says that it is going to get to eighty degrees today but it is for sure that if that is going to happen, the sun is going to have to come out. Right now it looks cold out there.

We had sixty-nine yesterday at church. That's not bad for the Sunday after easter. People that didn't take Easter off went out campng and doong things like that. This weekend was also graduation weekend for colleges and Prom weekend for the high school kids. So, there were a lot of excuses not to be here at church. As a matter of fact, I almost didn't go myself. Sunday morning, about 0230 I got up to go to the bathroom and in the process of manuevering my knee wheeler around to get in the bathroom I lost my balance and took another fall. I wasn't really hurt by it but between the fall and the process of trying to get back up off of the floor in that cramped quarters, I was sore and worn-out yesterday morning. I had pulled the towel bar off of the wall in my attempt to catch myself so I had to put that back up after we got home. I took some Tylenol first thing when I first got up and I texted Art and told him about it and told him that I might not make it. I went back and layed down for another hor and a half and woke up again. By then the Tylenol had taken hold and I was doing okay. So, I hurried up and showerd and we made it to church on time. Frankly, I had had a rough week and I really needed to go to church. I'm glad I did, Art had a great sermon yesterday  and it was just what I needed to hear.

Tomorrow is the day I get my cast off and I'm sure by now you are tired of reading about it. LOL. If I have bored you, I apologize; I'm just anxious. Of course, I only think I know wjhat will happen next. I know I'm supposed to bring in the boot that they originally put me in and they said they will be putting in a wedge. I think that is to move the front of my foot a little higher. The cast currently has it pointed moe in a downward direction, I assume to keep that tendon in a relaxed position while it healed. Now, they need to start stretching it out again so I can walk. This is not going to be fun. But, at least I'll get rid the "hard leg" that drives me nuts at night. I might even be able to take the boot off at night. That would be so wonderful.

That's it for today. I hope you are having a nice spring and hopefully your's is drier than what we have been having. Have a great day. Be a blessing to someone this week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment