Thursday, March 28, 2019

Thursday afternoon and I am doing something that I have been waiting to do for six weeks. I a actually in he sun porch, sitting in my recliner, and just sat here an took a nap. I cannot begin to describe toyou how wonderful that makes me feel. The fact tat it is a wonderful day, 67 degrees, partly cloudy with only a hint of a breeze makes it even better. Ms. Kate is sitting across from me in her recliner and is softly snoring through her nap. It is as if I got struck by a bolt of normal for a change. How blessed do I feel!!

Since I couldn’t make the staff meeting yesterday at work because ofdoctor’s appointments, I went to the church today aand we held our meeting. It ws good to again be doing something normal. I am slowly able to increase the tings I can do. The biggest drawback is that I can’t drive and that means that Ms. Kate has to take me everywhere we go. I know it totally disrupts her schedule and I’m a total pain in the butt. Worse yet, as I am still none walking, there is very little that I can do around the house. She. Has. To do everything; all of the things that I always did that were “my job” plus all of the things she routinely does. I will be so glad when I get over alll of this, but —- I fear that time is not close. I guess though, it makes us each appreciate all of the little things that each of us does for the other one. Ms. Kate is due for a whole mess of pampering when this crap is all over.

My bird feeders are empty again. I knew what little we filled the other day would not last very long. It has rained hard again so I can’t even take my knee rover out and fill the bird feeders. There is so much work to be done out there and I feel like such a slug for not having it done. I talked to Theresa Purdy’s today and told her that I have work for Nick to do if he is interested. I expect he will be over as soon as the yards dry out some more.

I the meantime, I’m going to sit here and enjoy the birdsong and cool air and the sounds that are all so familiar from the sunporch. It is such a blessing to be out here and writing my blog. I give thanks to God Almighy. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment