Saturday, April 27, 2019

Wow, take a morning off from writing. My blog and it turns into Saturday. What the heck??? I’m sorry about that and I hope you’ve missed me.

I’ve been busy with church stuff. I had a meeting at the church Wednesday evening that didn’t go especially well and I have been wrestling with that. Yes, believe it or not, not all things at a church meeting are happy and cozy and full of love. I’m extremely fortunate that in my fifteen years as a pastor this is the first time I have had to deal with anything like it. I reckon I’ll wait and see how it all plays out.

In the meantime, I’m busy trying to get my sermons done ahead of schedule so I can take my vacation. I have my May sermons done and have started on June 2nd, and then I need to get June 23rd done and probably should get June 30th done. That way, I don’t have to rush when I get home. I can't believe that I am writing sermons for June though. This “interim” ministry job is going way longer than was expected by either Pastor Art or me. I thought it would last maybe four or five months and I am on month fifteen and Art is on year three. And, as far as I know, there are no prospects in the wind. Our church is a conservative church and will not bend to what the trends of liberalism are being taught in our seminaries and schools today. Finding conservative pastors is getting harder because it is so much easier for pastors to “go with the flow” and give up tradition and join the “new thinking” and try to re-invent the church. I’ll stop there on that subject or I’ll end up writing three or four sermons here in this blog.

Only three and a half days until my cast comes off! I am so very looking forward to that. This thing is so irritating and the need to use either my walker or my knee scooter to get around drivers me bonkers. I sit in my wheelchair most of the day but when I need to go to the bathroom, I have to transfer to my knee-scooter. Doing that requires doing all kinds of manipulating around stuff and backing into areas etc. It is a royal pain in the rump. Imagine waking up in the middle of the night and having to go to the bathroom and having to do all of that before you can get there. It’s no bueno dude. Tuesday they take the cast off and allegedly I will then be able to put weight on the foot. I guess we will see what happens.

That’s it for today. Tomorrow is God’s Day of Rest. Remember to keep it Holy. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment