Saturday, April 6, 2019

Hello warm, partly sunny Saturday morning. How I would love to be able to walking around in your warmth and go through my yard picking up more twigs and winter stuff. But, I guess I will continue to be patient and let this happens as they need to. No use trying to rush that which cannot be rushed and taking a chance on doing some damage elsewhere.

I had a pretty good night’s sleep. I only got up one time during the night and for a change waas able to go back to sleep rather quickly. Most of this week I have not slept well during the night. It is most likely because I doze on and off during the day. I’m used to taking a nap in the afternoon but this is getting rediculous. I get bored sitting around and just doze off. I find very little entertainment on the television. I’ve seen every episode of Property Brothers and Big Bang Theory, and Love It or List it a thousand times. I keep hoping they will choose a different house this time but they just pick the same one and do the same repairs. LOL.

The family is starting to get serious bout the June 14-21 reunion in Virginia Beach. I paid the last rental payment this week and now it is up to the girls to do the meal planning. Josh’s family have bowed out already although thankfully Josh is going to make it. I think there will be seventeen of us coming and going at different times of the week. I talked to my granddaughter Amanda yesterday and she says she is excited abaout it. I can’t believe that youngin’ turned 23 yesterday. Where has the time gone. That though is why these reunions are important. Ms. Kate and I are up into our seventies, our kids are up in their fifties, and the last grandchild graduates high school in June. All of the grandkids will be doing their own lives and having their own careers and will learn quickly that life will get in the way of that which is important. The next thing they will know is that my daughters are the senior generation of the family. As spread out cross the country as they are —- I pray they never stop getting together. Attending a funeral is not a reunion.

I have my sermon all prepped and ready for tomorrow. It will be a “pre-Palm Sunday” sermon. It is hard to believe that Easter is running up on us rapidly. Since it is a Saturday, I would be remiss if I didn’t remind you to stop in your local house of worship and give thanks to God for the week of blessings that you have received.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment