Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday has arrived and I have been to the Orthopedic Clinic. The nurse practishioner removed the stitches and cleaned up the foot a bit. (That tickeled like crazy because the bottom of my feet are terribly ticklish.) Having the stitches removed smarted a bit because the wounds had started to grow over.  But, it is all part of it and I'm glad to have the stitches out. Then he put a hard cast on me and it will be on until April 30th. Right now they have my foot angled a little and I'm still non-weightbearing on it. I'll need to get used to this new casr and the rigidity of it. My heel doesn't touch the ground at all with the position they have it in.

When they take my cast off, I'm to take my original boot in and they will put me back in that. He said something about putting in a couple of wedges in it and I don't know what that is about. But, at that point I can begin to be weight bearing on it and start to walk on it. Of course I'll have to go to Physical Therapy again. I was surprised when they took off the splint today how totally stiff the ankle felt and it virtualy had no feeling in it. I guess that is all natural and part of the process. My daughter Heather is still getting over a broken ankle and she says that when she stands on it it feels really stiff for a minute or two also. She is having xrays done on Thursday to check her progress. I hope it is healed by now. It was a serious break too. She broke it when she stepped in a pothole while running a 5K race.

This evening we are going to the church for the Lenten meal and Bible study. The whole thing takes an hour. The council has ordered Fried Chicken and the rest is a carry-in. Ms. Kate has made a peach cake to take along. I seriously doubt we will be bringing any of it back home. I hope shemade a backup for us. LOL

Tomorrow I may go into the office for awhile. Art is gone and I think maybe I should go in. He usually does office on Thursday morning. Since I had to miss being in the office this morning, I'll go tomorrow unless it is raining. My knee scooter and I don't do rain on these ramps.

That's it for today. I hope your day has been goong well and I hope you havea pleasant evening. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment