Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Good morning on this bright Tuesday morning. t is sixty one degrees on a mostly sunny morning. It would be a good morning to be outside doing something useful. But, I think that today I must stay inside and work on my Easter Sunday sermon. I have it started, but barely. The worship service is done but I need to finish the slides and get those sent off to Karen.

Great news in my progress, I'm back behind the steering wheel and able to drive. Ms. Kate wasn't happy because she felt that it was because maybe I didn't like the way she drives and have been anxious to take the steering wheel back. The truth of the matter as far as that is concerned, I don't like to ride with anyone else driving. I know it is a control issue but that is the way it is. However, me driving had nothing to do with that at all. The fact is, that it gave me a sense of normallcy. It put my world back in order by one more piece. I am trying to be patient with all of this but it gets harder everyday and everytime I have to have her do something for me that I should be doing by myself. I know I am getting better; but not fast enough. Yesterday I tried to get myself up into the chancel of the church and it was so very frustrating. I made it, but it took me a long time to mentally tell mayself I could do it. I used my crutch on one side and tried to use the lectern on the other arm but the lectern and the pulpit are too high to use for good leverge. Then it became a matter of convincing myself that I'm not going to fall flat on my face. Ms. Kate says that it all matters to me a whole lot more than it does to anyone else, and I know she is right. But it does matter to me because it is still a picture of me being less than I know I'm capable of. That is totallly uncceptable. I've said it before and I truly mean it; I am so very lucky; I'm going to heal. There are so many out there that aren't going to grow a leg or an arm or more back and have so much more to have to deak with than my little mishap. But, I just get frustrated. But, I am driving again and I'm also back to making the coffee for us. One baby step at a time and three weeks from today my cast comes off and I can start putting weight on the leg and ankle. Okay, enough grousing about that.

Last night was the church council and we spent a good deal of time talkng about the upcoming projects that we are going to try to do making repairs to the faciities. There were many years that the church let too many things go and made no reepairs. Now, we are trying to get the stuff done and have spent a lot of money getting God's house back in order. The next big thing is to make repairs to the parsonage. Nothing has been done in there for over twenty years. he carpet and flooring is shot, we need new appliances and other things. All of this of course has to go through the councl to the cogregation for vote. The church currently has the money to do it frankly because we don't have a called pastor and aren't having to ay a huge salary package for that. Pastor Art and I get nothing close to what they would have to pay a full time pastor.

Time to get busy doing some work on my sermon. I hope you have an excelent day filled with love and good feelings. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment