Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Hello Tuesday, you lovely day. It is sunny and sixty-five degrees out there. Unfortunately, I’m still observing all of spring from the inside of my family room; not even from the sunporch. Getting down to the sunporch is still a hassle. I’m still using the knee scooter to get around in the house and most everywhere. I have a ramp that I have to negotiate to get into the sunporch but it takes work to get down it safely, and it takes more work if I decide I need something from inside the house. So, —- I just stay in the house. But —- I’m praying that is all going to get better two weeks from today. That is when they will take my cast off and hopefully I can start walking. I’ll probably need a cane or a crutch for awhile. I doubt that I’ll just have everything back like it was before the accident. But, if I can be at a point where I can get around the house without my wheelchair or this knee scooter, it will feel like freedom. Then maybe we can get the house put back in order, the couch and coffee table out of the dining room and back in the family room. Hopefully then I can get down to my basement again. And —- I have to get my walking ability back in order because we are only about six weeks until we go on vacation and I don’t want to be gimping along then.

This is “Holy Week”. We have a Maundy Thursday service at 7:00 pm on Thursday, A Good Friday service at 7:00 pm on Friday, an all night prayer vigil between the two, a 7:00 am Sunrise service on Sunday in the outdoor chapel, followed by a breakfast and a children’s Sunday school program, and then the 10:15 worship service. It is a busy week for Art and I as well as the organist, the chancel choir, the bell choir, and the church secretary. Come Monday we can all relax a bit. I’m preaching the Maundy Thursday and the late service on Sunday. I won’t be going to the sunrise service simply because of the difficulty of getting through the cemetery to the chapel on my knee scooter. I think having the outdoor service is still in question at this point anyway. It is supposed to be fifty degrees at about that time on Sunday and we are projected to have rain on Thursday and Friday. We have wood mulch on the surface of the ground between the pews out there and it might be too mushy to safely walk. I really hope though that we can have it because it is such a wonderful setting and Pastor Art is really looking forward to doing it out there. BTW, did I tell you that we had 100 in worship service this past Sunday! That is so very exciting.

That is it for today. I need to get busy doing some writing. You know, it just dawned on me that I have not taken ay time to do “pleasure reading” since I have been laid up and I have had the time to do it. I have two Stephen King books sitting beside my chair in the sunporch and I haven’t touched them. What is wrong with me??? Well, I’ve been busy trying to get well, and then when I didn’t have something to do, I’ve taken too any naps. Shame on me. Ok, now that’s it. Have a blessed day.


No comments:

Post a Comment