Thursday, April 18, 2019

It's Thursday and it is Holy Thursday or also called Maundy Thursday. Thi is the day we acknowled that Jsus Christ celebrated the Feast of the Unleavened Bread with his disciples and had what we call "The Last Supper".  It was the last meal he would eat with his disciples before he was betrayed by one of them, (Judas Iscariot), and then arrested, put through a mock trial, then crucified on a wooden cross. It was during this meal that we received the ritual of Holy Communion when Christ blessed the bread and the wine and declared them to be the symbol of his body and blood that would be broken and shed on that cross for the redemption of our souls. Maundy Thursday has always held a special place in my faith journey. I hope that you too will go to your house of worship and partake of the body and blood of Christ tonight and participate in the salvation that Jesus has to offer.

It is a rainy day and a coler day. By this evening, (unfortunately right at worship service time) we are supposed to be having heavy rain and possibly severe storms. At the moment the rain is light and it would be great if it didn't get any worse. People tend to not want to get out for church in inclement weather. I'm not condeming them, merely stating a fact. I've seen times that I didn't want to get out and go to church too and I was the pastor!!

Yesterday I had office hours in the morning and then Ms. Kate and I went to Meijer's to do our grocery shopping. I used one of those battery driven scooters that the stores provide and went in too. It was my first "in-store" excursion sine my accident. It felt good to be able to do that. Then, -- last night Ms. Kate and I slept in our own bed for the first time since the accident. We have been sleeping in the guest bed since I came home from the hospital because it is lower and easier for me to slide off of my knee scooter on to the bed and then roll back to theside of the bed and get back on my scooter. And, the guest bathroom is directly across the hall from  that room. But yesterday I figured out that I can fanaegel my way on to our bed. It felt wonderful to me. The big difference though is that I have to use the walker to get around and to the bathroom. That is a bit more difficult but doable. So chaulk up another rung in my improvement ladder. Twelve more days until this cast comes off. I just hope it will be as great as I think it will. I know the doctor is planing to put me back in my original boot, but it would be wonderful ( I think ) to be able to take it off and let the leg and foot breathe when I'm not walking on it. It will be wonderful to feel flesh on flesh when I cross my legs. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas morning and a huge delivery from Santa Claus; --- but also know I could just get coal in my stocking.

Time to do a little writing. Y'all have a most glorious day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment