Thursday, December 13, 2018

Thursday morning and this week is going quick. We’ve had one thing after another going on this week. Tuesday morning I had a clergy meeting all morning and then when I came home we had a bunch of things going on around here. Ms. Kate has been busy baking cookies, I’ve been busy getting the Christmas cards out. I was supposed to have a physical on Tuesday but my doctor is sick. He’s come down with the virus or cold or flu, whatever it is, that has been going around. I had gone and  had my bloodwork done on Monday so when I get rescheduled I won’t have to have that done again. And I’m still waiting to her from the Neurologist to get an appointment for whatever testing they want to do on my arm.

Yesterday of course was my morning staff meeting and then I made a couple of trips to the post office tomail out Christmas presents to the kids. I’m $85.00 poorer but at least all of the present are in Santa’s sleigh. Now, to just finish putting away the boxes from decorating the Christmas tree. Last night we had cantata practice dress rehearsal. I’m looking forward to us doing that. For a relatively small church, we have a large choir. I think we have fifteen now. I know we are out of room in the choir loft. How great is that?

Did I tell you about my garage door? The other morning, I went to raise it up and the spring cable broke and it shot the spring across the garage. I was out there and was lucky not to be hit. Anyway, I called the company that we deal with and they sent out a repairmen fairly quickly. But they are coming back today to replace the system that is currently on the door. It is supposed to be much more safe.

It is raining today and is supposed to rain on and off through today and most of tomorrow. But, the temperature is supposed to remain in the upper forties so that won’t be terrible. It isn’t slowing down my backyard guests at all. Although, I still haven’t made it to Wild Birds to pick up the special foods so they are looking around for that. Maybe if the garage dooor folks get here soon and finish up their work, I can maybe get out to Wild Birds. I also have to go Christmas shopping for Ms. Kate. Time is running out and I have a Christmas and birthday present to buy. I only have a “kind of” idea so this could take me awhile.

So, are you feeling the Christmas spirit yet? I am. I’m looking forward to dong the cantata this Sunday. Then next Sunday we are doing a dramatic reading that I wrote. Then I’m doing the Christmas Eve service with communion and candlelight. It’s going to be beautiful. I’m playing a trumpet solo for that service so wish me luck. The the next thing you know, it will be 2019. I think Art and I will be still interim’s for the first couple of months of 2019 or maybe even all the way up to Easter. We’ll just have to see what God has in store.

That’s got me caught up. I pray your day is blessed and I pray you feel the full affect of God’s love in your life. Peace my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment