Monday, December 17, 2018

Happy Monday morning to you. Here in southern Indiana it is a sunny thirty-nine degrees with little to no wind thereby making it a pleasant morning. That is especially pleasant for a December morning. I've been watching the forecast and it appears that snow is going to be out of the question for Christmas. While that may be very disappointing for many people who want a white Christmas, I'm just fine with it. Other than the pleasure and fun I have using my John Deere to move snow with the snow blade, I don't ever need to see snow again other than in a picture.

We had a really wonderful day at church yesterday. We had a record number in Sunday school (58) and we had a large crowd for the 1015 worship service (94). The chancel choir presented the the Cantata and it was wonderful. We had so many great comments on the performance. I came home from church "full" of the Holy Spirit and I imagine many others did too. This coming Sunday should be another "full-church-Sunday". We are having the children's Christma program at 0845 for the Sunday school hour and the for the worship service are doing a dramatic reading that I wrote that represents several people that "were there" for the birth fo Jesus Christ. We had a rehearsal of it yesterday and the character's all did a really good job. I'm looking forward to it. Then, on Monday night we will have the Christmas Eve candlelight service with communion. So, it is going to be a long but inspiring weekend.

I finally made it out to Wild Birds Unlimited on Saturday. I spent a lot of money ($135.00) on restocking my larder. I shouldn't have to go back for quite awhile. After I get home from the office today I'll fill all of the feeders again. I have most all of my work done that I need to do for the services etc. so I'll have time to sit in the sun porch and enjoy my Back Yard Buffet guests. I don't sit out there as often I would like mostly because it is considered a "three-season" porch and is not heated. A couple of years ago I did have a contractor run an air vent to the room but it really doesn't do much. The room still gets cold air from the soffets and there is no insulation because it is made up of all glass. I have a space heater that I use sometimes when I'm out there but I hate to do so because those things draw a lot of energy. I'm already ready for Spring and Winter doesn't actually arrive until Saturday. We leave the doors from the family room open to the sunporch at night so that the plants don't freeze that we keep in there all winter. Ms. Kate is always cold because if her blood thinner medicine so we keep the doors closed in the day time.

I'm waiting for our organist, Diane, to get here this morning so we can practice my trumpet solo that I'm going to play Christmas Eve. I've been working on it so it should go well as long as I don't flub it up.

That's it for today. I hope your day goes well. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment