Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve! It doesn't seem or feel like Christmas Eve. I'm at the office for a couple of hours and then will head home. It not only is Christmas Eve, it is also Ms. Kate's seventy first birthday. So, we need to do some celebrating of that. For lunch today we are having Prime Rib. Ms. Kate picked up a beautiful Prime Rib at Fresh Market on Friday. I'm looking forward to that for lunch. I don't know what else we may be having but when you have a fresh prime rib -- ya' don't need a lot else. Besides, Julie is on a fairly restrictive diet due to the huge ulcer she is having to deal with.

Our Sunday services were great. The children did their program and it was cute as it could be. As I said on Facebook, when the "shephard boy" is holding the lamb by the tail, you know it is going to  be a great kids program. The worship service went extremely well too. All of my characters did their part very well and with a lot of enthusiasm and I think brought the picture home that I was trying to paint when I wrote it. Now, I just want to get through the Christmas Eve program tonight without dropping the communion host or flubbing up the notes of my solo. Then I can relax.

I think this afternoon, Jim and I will take the mower deck off of the mower and put the snow blade apparatus on. I think that I'll put on most of the apparatus except for the blade itself. That way it will take up less room and we won't have to navigate our way around the blade when we are walking through the garage. I'm always afraid that one of us will trip over that blade or something. When the snow does come, it won't take more than a minute then to attach the blade.

Also on my list for today, I think that I'll need to fill birdfeeders. A lot of them look empty. So, I have a busy day bcause at some point, I be;lieve tht Santa Claus is coming too., --  but not until we have cl;ebrated Ms. Kate's birthday. I always try to ensure that we separate Christmas and Ms. Kate's birthday. If it runs together, then she doesn't feel as if she has a birthday. That always bothered he a kid.

That's it. I'm signing off for today. This is a holy night. It is a night of prayer and thanksgiving for tomorrow we celebrate the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, whom we believe to be the Son of God. I hope you will have a blessed Christmas full of fun and family and faith. I probably won't write tomorrow. I pray God will bring you nothing but peace. Shalomn.

No comments:

Post a Comment