Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year’s Eve and Ms. Kate and I are sitting around in our “lazy clothes”. I didn’t go to work this morning because I wasn’t feeling well and was having some stomach issues that kept me close to certain rooms of the house. Ms. Kate is still deep under the weather with her chest cold. This is day six and I’m concerned that it might be walking pneumonia. She is worn out and tired from all of the coughing and hacking that she has had to endure. So, our New Year’s Eve celebration won’t amount to much. Maybe another swig of Robitussen. LOL

It has rained much of the night and most of the day. Our winter forecast for this year was that we woud have a wetter than normal year. So far that has come to fruition. We’ve had at least two days of some amount of rain every week. The ground never has a chance to dry out. But I am not complaining one bit. At least I’m not having to shovel anything.

Yesterday the elders of the church gave Pastor Art and I our annual “report card” for lack of a better term. Mine was an an excellent report but I know it could have been better. I’ll make no excuses for it. It is done by giving the congregation a survey to fill out about our performance. I averaged above a 2.75 out of 3 in every category. There were a couple of negative comments and they were valid. People have great expectations of their pastors and those expectations are “personal need driven.”  We can’t be all things to all people. We were both contracted to continue into 2019 until the permanent pastor is hired. I expect that will be very shortly.

2018 is done. It has been a very rewarding year n that I was given the chance toonce again fill a pulpit and even better than that, —- to fill the pulpit of my home church. That was a dream fulfilled and I and feeling truly blessed. It has been a wonderful year for our family and I am now looking forward to June when we get all of the family together for our week long family reunion in Virginia Beach. Beyond that, our last grandchild will finish high-school. We will travel to CA for that.

I pray you have a wonderful 2019 and I pray that whatever dreams you have for 2019 will be filled. I also pray that whatever relationship you have with Jesus Christ will grow. Until next year, (tomorrow) I bid you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment