Saturday, December 15, 2018

The song says “It’s a rainy night in Georgia”, and it may well be; but it’s been a rainy night in Evansville too. In fact it has rained about three inches over the past two days. But, the rain hsn’t been constant. It rains for a while and then stops for a couple of hours, then we get a little more, etc etc. At the moment we are between showers, but it is really a grey day with no sunshine forthcoming.

Ms. kate is getting ready to go to a baby shower this morning for a former parishioner of our. The young lady is just a real sweetheart and her husband is a super guy. I married them several years ago. In fact, I married all three of those kids and they are all just plain good people. This couple have really wanted to have a child and have had bad luck trying to do so a couple of different times. But, God works as God works and we don’t question it. Her parents are some of our favorite people. I pray for nothing but blessings for the entire family.

I did my Christmas and birthday shopping for Ms. Kate yesterday. Traffic was heavy and the lines were long, but I got it done and I think she will be pleased with what I bought. I went from one side of town to the other looking for what I had in mind and even called Julie for a bit of guidance. But, everything is under the tree now so I’m done.

I’m still working on my solo that I’ll be playing on Christmas Eve. I have it down, but I need to go over it every day just to keep the lip in working order. I need to get a practice time lined up with our organist so we can practice together. I’m doing “O Holy Night” and using the version from our Cantata, so she knows the music well too. But, we need to be in sync when we do it.

My sister’s shoulder replacement went well so I thank God and I thank any of you who may have said a prayer for her. I imagine by this afternoon they will begin the first therapy on her, enough to make sure the alarm and shoulder don’t freeze up. Boy, I sure remember my PT. It was no fun.

Time to get cleaned up. When Ms. Kate comes home from the baby shower, I hope it will have quit raining and we plan to go to Wild Birds and stock up the can with goodies for my Backyard Buffet guests. In the meantime, as always, I pray your day will be blessed and full of joy. Take time to tend your local house of worship this weekend. You have so much to be thankful for. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment