Thursday, December 27, 2018

A good Thursday morning to you. I’m just kind of sitting here, watching the Backyard Buffet, having my coffee and going through Facebook messenger and conversing with the family across the country. It is a warm morning, much warmer than one would expect on the 27th of December, and we are expecting high winds and rain today. That will usher in a cold front that will take the temperatures back down to at least seasonal if not lower. The forecasters still hint at snow in the forecast and the country is getting hit pretty hard from coast to coast, but it looks like Evansville is the middle of the sandwich and we will mostly get rain.

Thursday mornings are always “new case” mornings on my silly Criminal Case computer games. Ms. Kate also gets a “new land” on Thursdays for her Klondike computer game. Suffice it to say, we don’t talk much in the morning on Thursdays. LOL That’s “Nerdvana” time for both of us. Actually, we start most mornings like that; her on her computer and me on my IPad. I really like my IPad. I only had a Nook for a long time but the Ipad has has opened up so many options for me. I sit here and write my blog and watch my birds. I jabber forever on Facebook Messenger with the girls and or friends. Heather and John also bought me a Microsoft Surface Pro laptop computer and I carry that with me anytime I travel. It is so much lighter than the Lenovo laptop that I was using. The Lenovo had gotten old and slow and just didn’t meet my needs. So, the kids heard me whining about it and rectified the situation last year. Between my IPhone, my IPad, and my Surface Pro — I’m geeked to the max and I still have my PC down in my office that I use for all of my work.

I told you we had a great crowd for Christmas Eve service. Well the count in in and we had 136 people there. I am so very pleased with that. That is a record attendance for any service in recent history. For me though the blessing is that from what I saw, people really enjoyed the service. Folks came away from it full of the Christmas spirit. As far as I am concerned, it was “goal achieved”. If a pastor can do their best and people can walk away full of God’s love and grace and warmth, then that pastor and pastoral team have done what God asked them to do. It doesn’t get any better than that.

On that note, I shall go get more coffee, check to see if the wash cycle is done so I can switch the clothes to the dryer, and then head downstairs and get some work done. Have a most blessed day. God loves you and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment