Friday, December 28, 2018

It is the last Friday of 2018 and the temperature is forty nine and the sun is shining bright today. I have a yard full of guests and there are several empty feeders. I guess I know what I have on my agenda then today. I must replenish the feeders so the word doesn’t get out that I am a bad host.

We had a fantastic sunset last night. The way our house is situated, being surrounded by other houses and a lot of trees, I seldom see a really good sunset from my house. But last night was perfectly stunning. You know, one of my oldest and dearest friends is an artist and paints beautifully, and I know several other artists; however, I have never seen an artist paint anything as beautifully brilliant as that sunset that God painted last night. I took a couple of pictures and posted them on Facebook but they didn’t truly capture the reality of the view. So, I just want to stop and give our great God credit and thank you for that extra helping of blessings last night.

Neighbor Dan and his wife texted me last night that they were heading out at 0400 this morning for Virginia. He said it was going to be an extended trip and they may not be back until March. I don’t know how they can do that; I never could. First of all, I couldn’t leave my house for that long and secondly, I couldn’t go and stay at someone else’s house for that long. I would feel like a total imposition. But they have done that ever since I have known them. With her it is a cultural thing I guess. She is Vietnamese and her brothers and sisters are spread aroud the country. But, her family doesn’t come here to visit them and stay, so I don’t get it. His family is all here except for some in Texas. So, they just go visit and stay, and stay, and stay!! I’ve always lived with the old thought that company and dead fish are about the same; after three days, it is time to throw them out. But, different strokes for different folks, as they say. Maybe I’m the weird one

Ms. Kate and I are neither one doing very well this morning. I have a sinus drip page that is keepinga Kleenex at my nose and she has acid reflux from something and has had for a couple of days. By now her throat is burning everytime she coughs and she is coughing or clearing her throat constantly. So, say a little prayer that we both get to feeling better. I had hoped wwe could go out and do something today but I suspect that is going to be totally off the table.

Having said that, I think I need to refill my coffee cup and grab a new box of Kleenex. It’s going to be a long day. Hope your day is much better than this. Peace, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment