Saturday, December 22, 2018

It is Saturday and the Christmas holiday has begun! Millions of people are getting in their cars and heading out to visit family or head to the airports and stand in line and wait because the weather across much of the action is causing delays. We just got a text from Julie thatJi was just now going out to do his Christmas shopping (a bit last minute) and they will be getting on the road and heading this way too. So, I offer up a prayer for safe travels for all.

It is a Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music kind of morning. I really am a creature of habit. This album has been around since 1984; that’s 34 years and I am still listening to it. BUt, it is good music, so why not? It is 34 degrees in theBbackyard Buffet and mostly sunny. At the moment my only guests are the squirrels. I had three or four Cardinals out there earlier but that is about it. No doubt there will be a bunch of guests fly in all at once before very long; that’s the way it happens.

Yesterday was “schrooms and beer” day with Bob and Brenda. Ms. Kate and I always enjoy that. We catch up on what is going on with each other’s families and just have good conversation. Yesterday though much of the conversation centered around the fact that their pastor has announced his retirement and the question of how much longer will I be doing the interim pstorship at my current church. The innuendo being of course that I could return as the interim pastor back at Ft. Branch. But, as I said, that is all a year away and lots could happen before that. I’m just concentrating on getting through this Christas season. Tomorrow we do the Christmaas drama and Monday night I have to play a solo at church and don’t want to mess that up. So, as a former boss of mine once said, take life at a Pac Man pace, ie one bite at a time. Or as Jesus said, “don’t worry about tomorrow.”

However, last night I re-read my sermon that I have prepared for next week, and as I often do, I decided that I need to do some tailoring on it and rewrite portions of it. So, I got started it but I need to finish that up sometime this next week. I don’t know why I do that to myself. Or maybe it isn’t me. Maybe it is the Lord saying “you don’t have it right; — redo!

Well, Ms. Kate has started moving aroud here getting things dry for Jim and June and the pups to get here and that men’s that I’ll be doing some “honey, I need ya’” duties. So I better sign this off and haul my tail out of the recliner. I hope your day is bright and sunny. If you plan to travel this weekend, please take care. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment