Monday, December 3, 2018

Hello Monday morning people! I hope you had a most excellent weekend and are ready to charge out into the world and take on a whole new week!

Our weekend was good but busy as heck. I thought we would get the Christmas decorations put up but that didn't come close to happening. Ms. Kate was busy putting together the last of the Christms cards. Now I can begin addressing them so we can get them in the mail as soon as possible. We also have purchased the last of the Christmas presents, (I think) and need to get them wrapped and in the mail too. And then, --- at some point Ms. Kate needs to go down to the basement with me and start deciding what she wants me to carry up for decorations. And if she doesn't find enough down there, we have a ten foot by twelve foot storage area in the garage that is stacked from floor to ceiling with nothing but Christmas stuff. I hate to even think about getting into that stuff because we haven't been in there for at least three years. I hope it hasn't become mouse heaven. But, I'll keep my word and get out whatever she wants.

Yesterday we went from one thing to another all day. We started out at Sunday school, then church. Then we went to the east side of town for lunch and that was followed by a trip to Michael's Craft store so Ms. Kate could find and buy some artificial flowers for the parents graves. From there we made a quick trip home to pick up the rest of the tools that we use to deeorate the graves. Then it was off to the cemeteries where we decorated seven graves for the winter season. Then it was back to church for a piano recital. Our organist was giving a recital of all of her  piano students. Ms. Kate and I went to just support her. Her students did well. She had every level of accomplishment there. Some did really well and some were just beginners and "one fingered" it. We finally got home around 1800 hours. We were both hungry but neither of us knew what we were hungry for. So, I hit the cereal box and Ms. Kate did something on her own.

Today is office hours day and then I'm going out and do home visitation and home communion with some parishioners. I always like doing that. It brightens my day when I get to go out and visit with folks.

Well, my friends, that's my gossip for today. This afternoon I look foward to getting back in the sunporch and watching all my guests for awhile. In the meantime, I hope your day and week have started off well and that you have a great week. Remember that we are approaching a wonderfl celebration in the life of Christians and take time to remember that Jesus is the focus to the season, not a full shopping cart. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment