Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Thirty-two degrees and sunny this morning and the feeders are full in the Backyard Buffet. I filled nineteen feeders yesterday as I promised I would. There were birds chirping at me as I filled them, I guess telling me to hurry up. Some birds landed on the feeders as soon as I hung them back up. And of course, the squirrels don’t miss a thing. I think they literally post sentinals to keeep a watch on when I’m refilling the feeders. Right now though the squirrels are in the trees and fussing a warning. There must be a cat in the yards or approaching the yard so they are sending out the warning. Or maybe they are just getting ready for a territory battle claiming the full feeders. If so, there will be squirrels casing one another all over this yard and across the the roof. They are fun to watch.

I went out and worked in my flowerbeds yesterday. I finally got the peonies cut off that I should have done two months ago, I raked one flowerbed and got it cleaned up. If I have time today, I’d like to rake this back flowerbed and get all of the leaves off of it. It just looks messy. The leaves being on it doesn’t hurt a thing and even serves as a mulch of sorts but I think it looks unfinished. I have office hours this morning, but it is supposed to get up to about fifty-five degrees this afternoon. The problem is that there is also supposed to be a lot of wind coming in, so I don’tknow how well raking will go. Tomorrow and Friday we are supposed to have rain. But, it still looks like we are going to have a mostly mild and dry Christmas with no snow.

Speaking of office hours, I need to get my shower and get ready to go to work. This is staff meeting day and Art and Karen and I need to make last minute changes and detail for the two services coming up. It seems that we just started Advent and now we are only six days away from Christmas. Time seems to fly when there are deadlines to meet.

Have a blessed day, and take time to give thanks for your blessings. Don’t forget that God gave you those blessings to share. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment