Friday, December 14, 2018

December 14th; my sister’s birthday. Happy Birthday Sheila. She’s getting a new shoulder for her birthday. That doesn’t sound Iike much of a birthday present does it? But, I reckon the good part of it comes after the the operation and the physical therapy is over and done with and you can use your arm again. So, lift her up in your prayers that all goes well if you will.

Can you believe that December is almost half over? It is amazing how the year goes along at what often seems like a crawling pace and then viola’ the year is suddenly over. A week from today will be the first day of winter. And it will also be my youngest daughter’s birthday. Then just four days later it will be Christmas which means that Christmaas is eleven days away. That means of course that I better get my rear end out and shop for my wife’s birthday and Christmas present. I still don’t know what I am going to get for her; any suggestions? I saw a video on Facebook yesterday talking about what to get for your wife for Christmas. The lady said to not go but jewelry, or candy or things like that. She said to give her a weekend to herself, or spa treatment day or plan a trip for her with her girl friends, or clean house and wash dishes and do the laundry for her for a change. Well, I’m here to tell you that none of those suggestions work for Ms Kate. She already has more time to heeerelf than she probably wants, I already help her around the house, and she takes vacations with her sister to Vegas. And the only thing she has mentioned that she wants is a set of ear rings. So —- I’m back to scratching my head.

Despite the rain, I have a lot of guests at the Backyard Buffet this morning; Cardinals, wrens, junkos, Mockingbirds, finches and several varieties of woodpeckers as well as a couple of squirrels. It has been a busy morning out there. They are the bright spot on a cloudy day. So, I lift up gratitude to God for blessings received again this morning. And with that, I’ll leave you today. I hope that no matter what your outdoor weather might be like today that you’ll have a day of sunshine in your soul. Take time to stop and talk with The Lord today. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment