Thursday, December 6, 2018

Thursday already?? Who took my Wednesday? Actually I know where it went; “stuff” took it. I started out with my usual Wednesday morning staff meeting. As the year draws to a close, we find that we have less things to plan because all of the events for the remainder of the year are already in the works. But, with us two, that doesn’t mean that the meeting will be any shorter. We do like to talk together. Since Pastor Art and I are only interim pastors our need to plan too far ahead is limited. There is talk that the search committee appears to be zeroing in on a candidate for the job and that if they take the job, they want to be in place before the start of Lent which starts on March 4th. So, we’ll see what happens. There are still steps to be taken before all of this gets solidified, but I do hope and pray that the church will find a permanent pastor that they like and one that is good for the church. After-all, I’m not just the interim co-pastor, I’ve been a member of that church for almost seventy years. That seems strange to say since I was gone for thirty two years with the military and then another twelve and a half years as pasto of the two churches in Ft. Branch. But I’ve always maintained my membership at Zoar and we always return there. So, that is my “home church” and I am considered a “Son of the Congregation”.

After coming home from the office I find Ms. Kate in the middle of making her Springerlie cookies. I am the original “Cookie Monster”. I’m sure that character was based on me. I have several different Christmas cookies that I like but as I have said a hundred times, it just can’t be Christmas untiil the Springerlie cookies are made. She mixes them, cuts them out and then they have to set over night. This morning the house smells wonderful. She’ll start baking when she gets done with her computer stuff. Yummm!

After we finished mixing and preparing the cookies, I started on addressing the Christmas cards. Ms. Kate has spent months making all of our Christmas cards. I got the first sixty addressed and stamped last evening. I’ll drop them off at the post office here in a bit. I could put the in my mailbox but I have to go get more stamps anyway. I have maybe another sixty cards to address. I’ll do that stuff when I go get my haircut after while.

As I look around at the buffet this morning, I see that almost all of my feeders are empty and I’m being a bad host. I also know that I’m out of certain kinds of food, but I have pleasantly of sunflower seed and all of those feeders are empty. Just another job on the “to-do” list for today.

Having said that, I need to get cleaned up and get started on my days activities. I know it is cold outside and I’m not in a hurry to go out there, but gotta do it. So, you have yourself a blessed day. Take the time to slow down, count your blessings, and smile at someone today that isn’t expecting it. You just might be the bright spot in someone’s day. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment