Monday, June 4, 2018

Where did this beautiful spring morning come from? A little over sixty degrees, sunshine, calm winds, and not a cloud in the sky. It has been two months since we had a day like this. Yesterday was the same and tomorrow is supposed to be the same. So, --- thank you Lord for these spectacular days.

We had a good attendance at church yesterday and Pastor Art brought a great message. We have entered the summer Sunday school schedule which means we had a combined class of all the adults and then a class for the youngsters. It was a fairly good class and there as a lot of participation from the members of the group. I was disappointed that the older members of my usual class did not chose to show up. Ms. Kate and I were definitely the old people of the class by probably at least twenty years. But, it is what it is.

Yesterday afternoon I did a hospital visit for one of our parishioners and took communion to her and her family. I got a text late last night that she had been released and was doing better. Today I need to go back to the same hospital and say prayer with a parishioner and family as the lady goes in for shoulder replacement. It is just the beginning of a busy week of events. I'm in the office this morning getting a little work done but mostly just "being present" in case someone needs a pastor this morning. Ya' never know, it could happen. LOL Tomorrow I take Ms. Kate to her orthopedic doctor for another cortisone shot in her wrist. She needs that done about twice a year for her arthritis. The shots hurt like the dickens when she gets them but they do so much good for her for about five or six months. Wednesday I have office hours again and I also have to cover the Bible study for Pastor Art. That means I need to take some time to catch up on where they are. He told me that last week they only got through one verse. Well, I've read that verse and I would be hard pressed to spend an hour on it which tells me they got derailed on another subject. That happens a lot in small group sessions with no particular schedule, and I think it is a wonderful thing that happens. That gets me through Wednesday. Then Thursday Lisa comes for a four day visit. Yay!!!! Julie and Jim will also be coming over so they can visit with her. It will be wonderful to have a house full of laughter and chit-chatting daughters. It happens so very infrequently.

I'm sitting here in my office at church and I have a cardinal that keeps coming back and sitting on the park bench just outside of my window. God has sent blessings to follow me to work; what a beautiful thing that is. Of course, it could have been one of my Cardinals coming to tell me that the feeder is still empty and I need to get home and fill it.

That is it for today my friends. If your weather is anything like mine today, try to get out and breathe in some of God's wonderful creation and enjoy the bounty of blessings that God has sent your way. Then take the time to be humble and give thanks for a God that loves you and will never forsake you, Give thanks for a God that loves you so much that He sent His Son to not only teach us how to live but to actually suffer and die for us to pay for the sins that we commit. Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment