Thursday, June 28, 2018

Welcome to a hot already Thursday morning. It isn’t 0900 yet but it is eighty-four degrees and steamy out there. We are already under a heat advisory for the day. It isn’t raining though for a change but the saturated ground from the past weeks rain has certainly raised the humidity level all the way to “yuk”.

I had a busy day yesterday, hence, no blog yesterday. Pastor Art had a special Bible discussion group he wanted to conduct yesterday so I began my day by going to that. We had a prayerful discussion on the immigration problem that is currently plaguing the country. After that we had our regular Wednesday morning staff meeting. When I got home from that, Ms. kate and I went to lunch and to Hobby Lobby for her to pick up a craft item for her card making. We just pulled back in to the driveway when our general contractor pulled in behind us to give another try at finding and fixing the micro-leak we have from our roof. (He thinks he has found the answer and fixed it. Of course we won’t know until the next time it rains.) After he left, we had an event to attend so we got ready and went to that. It was a long day. We finally got home and started supper about 2130 hours as I threw a couple of steaks on the grill. Unfortunately, I think we had had them too long in the freezer because they turned out tough; but we ate part of them and tossed the rest in the trash.

I filled a couple of the sunflower seed feeders yesterday afternoon but it appears that I should have also put out fresh peanut butter. I have several small woodpeckers out there at the Backyard Buffet this morning. I also have tree or four young wrens out there. They are just really “getting their wings” as they flit from place to place. They will be around here for a couple of more days and then they will fly off to their own new place. he cardinals are having breakfast on most of the sunflower seed feeders and the blackbirds are cleaning out the rest of the peanut butter pellets. I’ll have to refill that feeder today too. I need to go to the store and buy some more product for my critters and guests.

I think though I’ll spend most of my day in the basement in my office. I need to finish a sermon and I need to practice my trumpet. It is end of the month so I have some administrative junk to do like monthly mileage report and pastor’s report for the council meeting. It is nice and cool down there.

Tomorrow of course is the end of another work week for the Mon - Fri crew. I pray you have had a good week and I pray you will have an even better weekend. Share your love and your blessings with someone and give thanks to God for all you have received. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment