Friday, June 29, 2018

It’s Friday —- but is it “already Friday” or is it “finally Friday”? I’m not really sure yet; it’s too early to tell. But this has been a weird week. Either the rain has kept us fairly “house-bound” or now the oppressive heat is doing the same. There are all kinds of warning for those of us who are asthmatics to stay in the house and to not be working outside. That is okay I guess for guys like me who would only be out thee to do some yard work, but what about the poor guy who has to work outside? I feel for them because we are under a heat advisory again today and it is already hot this morning.

Ms. Kate has her doctor’s appointment at 0930 this morning. I’ll take her to that and then we need to go do a little shopping and and we’ll go out for breakfast. TYhis is a fasting appointment so she will be ready for her coffee by the time her appointment is done. She adds creamer to her coffee which means she has to wait. I drink my coffee black so I can have my coffee before having blood work done. See, — I keep telling her that cream is bad for her!!.

As of tomorrow 2018 will be half over. I look back on the first six months of the year and can say it haas been a good six months. Oh, there are no earth-shattering events in my life but the time has been well used. I came back out of retirement as a pastor and accepted what is supposed to be a temporary position as the co-pastor of my home church. That is going very well and I love doing it. Unfortunately, the church is no closer to getting a permanent pastor than they were in February when I took the job. My co-pastor has now been on the job for a year and a half and they had another “interim pastor” for over a year before that. I have no idea what the hold-up or problem is with attracting candidates. As the interim’s, we are forbidden from to be involved in the process.

As for the rest of the first half of the year, Ms. Kate and I are both fairly healthy and have no new health issues. Our girls are all doing well and so are the grandkids. We don’t get to see them often enough but I know grandparents that live in the same town as their kids and grandkids and will say the same thing. So 2018 has been a good year so far.

Now, I need to get showered and moving so I can take Ms. Kate for her appointment. I hope your day is blessed and stay out of the heat if you can. Don’t ever forget that God loves you. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment