Saturday, June 23, 2018

It’s a sunny Saturday and seventy-one degrees, with a slight breeze. I have closed the doors to the house and opened the doors to the sunporch to let the air flow through and clear out the stale winter air. I like to do that once in awhile. If Ms. Kate were out here she would be under a blanket, but then her blood thinner medicine keeps her cold all the time regardless of where we are. Bless her heart.

I have had a squirrel just sitting on a branch at about eye level to me, staring in to see what I’m doing I guess. Now it is eating sunflower seeds from the ground just outside the door. Perhaps, the area looks different to it because I have the glass doors opened and the screens in place. Who knows? They are funny creatures. Yesterday I had one on the patio nosing around the empty feeders looking for a quick bite. I have a ten gallon galvanized can with the lid solidly in place sitting out there full of  sunflower seed. The squirrel was up on the can, sniffing around the edge, probably smelling the seed that is inside of it. Them it started trying to chew on the handle of the lid, I assume to try to open it lid. He finally gave up and went over and got on a birdfeeder.

My list of guests this morning include cardinals, titmouse, goldfinch, doves, house finches, nut hatch, wrens, wood peckers, mockingbirds, and of course a couple of squirrels. II need to clean the finch feeders today. The rain has made the niger seed clump up and look nasty. The stuff that is in the tray will get moldy and that will deter the finches. I also need to fill the outlying sunflower seed feeders. It is also a good day to run the weeedeater  and mow the yards. —- Hey, a robin just joined the guests and is eating off of the suet feeder. That is unusual because they seldom eat from a feeder.

We had our “schrooms and beer” lunch yesterday with Bob and Brenda. It is always great to see them. They plan to come to my church tomorrow  since she has a day off from playing the organ at their church. It will be nice to have the opportunity to worship with them again. The are such wonderful people. They bless anyone who is around them.

My garden is growing great, what little I actually. My okra is up about two and a half feet and my tomatoes are putting on. The beets look good although I don’t know if there are beets growing under those nice looking tops. The lettuce is continuing to grow. My raspberries have come and gone. I think I am going to get rid of them. They come and go and we never actually do anything with them. So raising them is a waste of time and space. The zinnias and coleus I planted are coming up very well too.

That’s enough for today. I hope that your weekend is full of good things. Don’t forget to take time out for worship. As the scripture says; “Remember the Sabbath, and keep it holy.”  Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment