Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday morning and it has been an eclectic morning already. I got up at 0400 because we had to get Lisa to the airport before 0500 hrs. I think her flight was supposed to board at 0530. Evansville Airport is a regional carport so there isn't a lot of traffic and especially at that time of the day. Getting through security is a 3-5 minute process. The airport is a seven minute drive from the house so we left home around 0445, dropped her off, and went back home. Ms. Kate went to her office and did some of her computer games and I sat down in my recliner and took a two hour nap; or should I say, finished my night's sleep. My nap will come later today. LOL By the time I woke up, Ms. Kate had moved into the other recliner and was also catching some "zzzzzz's.

I have office hours this morning and am caught up wit the things I have to do so I'm writing my blog here at the church. Our church treasurer is here and is counting the money from the collection yesterday and getting ready to make the deposit. He is also preparing for the church council meeting that we are having tonight. Yes, I get to come back again this evening.

We had an absolutely wonderful visit with our girls this weekend. As I told you, Lisa came in on Thursday and Julie and Jim come in on Friday. Jim left late Saturday evening because he had a bowling tournament on Sunday. Julie left Sunday afternoon and then Lisa left this morning. But, by the time they all left, Ms. Kate said; "I'm talked out! You're going to have it peaceful and quiet around here." It was great having them to be here and visit and laugh and tell stories about there families. I don't get in on a lot of the conversations because frankly, I just enjoy listening to them and I am just happy to know they are in the house. Does that make sense?  I'm the same way on the phone; once I hear their voice and know they are fine, --- that's good enough for me.

Once I get home today, Ms. Kate and I have laundry to do and then we have suitcases to pack for our vacation. We'll leave tomorrow at some point. We are expecting storms in the morning so maybe we'll wait until afternoon. We are just doing a bunch of short hops so there is no rush to anything. We're heading to Illinois Amish country tomorrow and will be there a couple of night. We been there many times so it is all a re-visit of favorite places. But we have some other exciting places along our circular route that we are looking forward to. It will be our first time to the Grand Ole Opry so we are really looking forward to that. I guess I better fill all of the feeders this afternoon too since we are going to be gone. Although, they will all be empty by the time we get back anyway.

I have my service and sermon done for the Sunday that we get back so that will be a worry off of my brain. The next service I need to work on is for the 8th of July and I need to get the bulletin to Karen by next week because she and her family are heading off on vacation.

We had a church full again yesterday and it is so very nice to see that. Attendance of course vacillates Sunday to Sunday, especially during the summer when families go on vacation. But, if we can keep a solid core of attendees that is a good thing. Next Sunday is Father's Day so that might bring a few extra people in although that applies more to Mother's Day than Father's Day. But, we also have a baptism of two children this week so that too might help. What ever get folks in the door so we can share the word of God --- we need to do it.

It is about time to wrap up the morning and head home. My writing may or may not be sporadic for the next week. It depends on how busy we get on vacation and how good the wifi is at out hotels. I pray you will have a blessed week. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment