Saturday, June 2, 2018

Lots of sunshine this morning and the “feels like” temperature is already eighty-eight degrees with a matching humidity level. That doesn’t fare well for the day. I expect we will have more thunder-boomers before this day is done. But, I’m hoping the grass will dry out enough that I can mow it without it clumping up and being ugly. Yesterday afternoon I went out and picked up a lot of twigs and small branches that had broken off with the wind. I had just finished when it started to rain again and now I see I get to do that all over again.

The Ladderback Woodpecker is taking on all challengers this morning at the suet pellets feeder. The starlings and the cardinals and the finches are all trying to eat from it but the Ladderback and its long sharp beak are doing a fairly good job of persuading them otherwise. That feeder along with several others is just about empty this morning which gives me another task for today.

You may recall that I said Ms. Kate and I each had optometry appointments yesterday afternoon, and I had hope that if I got out of there for less than a $1000.00 I would be lucky. Well, it cost me $850 to get out of there and I was the only that needed new glasses. Yikes!!! I bought two pair, one of them being sunglasses; and they are both “no-line” bifocals, and I got one new frame for the clear ones and am having the sunglasses put in the same frames that I already have. It will take seven to ten “business days” for them to arrive. I just don’t understand that because there are places that do your new glasses in an hour. But our doctor doesn’t have an in-store lab. There was a time when we used to go to “LensCrafters for our glasses, but I don’t know if they are even a business anymore. Anyway, I had a significant prescription change, especially n my right eye, but lens correction is better than cataract surgery. That unfortunately is in the eventual forecast for Ms. Kate and me.

Our contractor came yesterday and recalled around the vents up on the roof which is where he suspected the ceiling leak was coming from that was dripping in our bathroom. While he was here, I asked him about the possibility of putting a bathroom down in my basement. He said it is certainly possible. We’d be talking about just a toilet and a sink, and it would probably run about $5000.00 to do it. I need to “Google” it and do some reading about it, but maybe that would be a good use for my crop check this year. It could be a winter-time project for them. I have a lot of thinking to do about that first. I can make a lot of trips up the stairs for five grand.

Tomorrow is Sunday and it will be communion Sunday. I always enjoy that. I hope you take the opportunity to go to your house of worship and start your new week off properly. Give thanks for the blessings you have received this week and pray for guidance in the week to come. God always walks with you but God also likes to be acknowledged. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment